- Hey friend! Welcome to The Snyder Family blog, I’m so excited to have you and know that my new friends are going to love you just as much as I do! Before we get started with the good stuff, we want to know, what is your current Starbucks order? Because wouldn’t it be even better if we could all just chat over coffee! **I actually don’t even need Marjorie to answer this for herself, we have drank A LOT of coffee together, on a normal day Marjorie will take a venti, hot, black coffee with nothing added and on a “treat yo self” kind of day, she is going to order an iced salted caramel mocha and will slurp up every last bit of salt 😉
- Let’s start with an introduction, tell us all about YOU! Hey! I am Marjorie Bottari, a former teacher and a busy mama of two (really three when you count my husband). I have an 8 year old son (yikes- feels so weird to say that) and a daughter that will be 5 in January. They keep me very busy! They are growing so fast that I try to soak in as much as I can- so they do really take up most of my time. When I DO have free time, I love finding a good book and will usually ignore everyone until I finish it. Reading for pleasure and for learning is a passion of mine. We also love to travel. We work hard to make sure our kids get to experience new places – and that we get to escape Chicago winters when we can! I love baking. I like to think I am pretty good at it – although I still need a recipe to guide me. And Target. Can that be considered a hobby? Target is definitely a hobby of mine!
- Now that we know more about you, introduce us to your business! Rodan + Fields (R+F) is a skincare company started by the doctors that created Proactiv. They are Stanford trained dermatolgists and still practicing with their profession in California. They created R+F when they noticed people coming to see them for 4 main reasons- acne, uneven skin tone, sensitive skin or aging. They created our 4 main skincare regimens to address those areas of concern – Unblemish, Reverse, Soothe, and Redefine. R+F was originally sold in high end department stores. While R+F was extremely successful in those stores, The Doctors realized the way we shop is changing. They knew that word of mouth and online shopping was the new way to go. They pulled out of department stores and the rest is history. You may see R+F a lot on your news feed – and that is why. The Doctors decided to share their success with everyday people like me. They continue to innovate the way they do business AND the products. In addition to our 4 main regimens, we have amazing products like Lash Boost, Active Hydration and Dermacosmetics- cosmetics that actually HELP your skin! The products are truly amazing and I love getting see people feel good in their own skin. R+F gives people the best skin of their life without needing to visit a dermatologist appointment.
- What inspired you to start your business? I never dreamed of having my own business- but I finally started listening to the opportunity when I saw my friend’s success and kept feeling the desire/pull for something more. I just wasn’t quite satisfied with the way my work/life balances was turning out. I knew I loved the products- I was a happy customer. I was so tired of the time I was spending away from my family while still struggling to pay bills- specifically my good ol’ student loans. I wanted more time freedom. I wanted to be able to drop off and pick up my kids from school, volunteer as a class helper, travel at off peak times, not be stressed about who was taking the day off of work when one of the kids was sick and so much more. I was tired of being tired. I realized that social media and technology is changing the way we work. It is giving us the opportunity to work from anywhere. It was SO scary…but when I realized my biggest hurdle was really just getting over the fear of people’s opinions – I jumped in. The rest is actually quite easy and super doable.
- What advice would you give to a mom who is thinking about starting her own business? Jump in! Obviously you need a plan and it depends on the type of business you want to start – but you CAN do it! Don’t let other people’s opinions control your dreams. Great things happen outside of your comfort zone- if you want something different, you have to do something different.
- If you had to highlight a few of your favorite products, what would they be? This is SO hard. I feel like I say every product is my favorite product! First- I love the regimens. They are the foundation of R+F and take care of every skin concern you might have. They are the core. From there I absolutely love Active Hydration – the science behind it is crazy and luckily I don’t have to be an expert to explain it all. Basically, it hydrates your skin. Completely different than moisturizing. It dramatically improves the results of your regimens. The texture and glow of your skin from using Active Hydration is amazing. Lash Boost is one of our most popular products- probably because the results are so easy to see – longer, darker, fuller looking lashes in about 8 weeks. Amazing! And finally, our AMP it up system. Our MD Dermaroller and Intensive Night Renewing Serum. The roller tricks your skin into creating more collagen and the serum leaves your skin glowing and smooth. Our new Radiant Defense is also a new fave. Tinted moisturizer with SPF. Dermacosmetics- not cosmetics. It actually helps protect your skin and doesn’t clog pores or irritate skin. I call it a real life filter…but again, I could go on and on!
- What is one piece of motherhood advice that you can share with us? Don’t worry about other people’s opinions! Just love your babies and do what works for you and your family! There is so much mom judging out there, it breaks my heart. Being a mama is hard work. Let us just support each other and recognize that it is OK to parent differently.
- And to end things off with a little more fun, what are three things that are always in your purse or diaper bag? I always carry around kleenex, tampons (getting real) and my FAVORITE R + F Lip Serum, trust me, you need this!
Connect with Marjorie on Social Media, you can follow her on:
As a little thank you to Marjorie for joining us for coffee chats, I’ll be giving away an adorable make-up bag and of course a gift card to the one and only, Starbizzy, as Marjorie lovingly refers to it! As a BONUS if you purchase any R + F item from Marjorie, I’ll reimburse your shipping OR if you become one of her preferred customers, I’ll cover your initial fee, just email me after you sign-up through Marjorie!
You can enter the giveaway by following me on Instagram (@snyderfamilyco) liking the post Coffee Chat ft. Marjorie and leaving a comment that you read this blog post, that’s it! Good luck friends!