Happy Monday everyone! I have always loved reading blogs, I first started reading them when I had my first daughter Avery. I had ONE friend that also had a baby and felt really lonely when it came to Motherhood. I had SO many questions when it came to breastfeeding, baby gear, sleep training, etc. and found myself Googling the most crazy things at all hours of the night, “Is it normal for your baby to grunt?” “Why are my boobs rock hard?” “Will my baby every sleep through the night?” I remember finding a series on the blog “Girl in the Red Shoes” about various Mom’s and their breastfeeding experiences and I BINGE read every single post one day while home on maternity leave. I was so eager to connect and learn from other Mom’s, I felt like the series was a total God send. With that being said, I would really love to use my blog as a way to genuinely learn and connect with other Mom’s! I launched my new series, “Snyder Family Co. Coffee Chats” last week and I am SO excited to share even more amazing Mom and women with you. If you missed the post, be sure to check it out here: Snyder Family Co. Coffee Chat: Featuring Marjorie and if you would like to be featured in future Coffee Chats, please email me at email@example.com.
Lately, I feel a bit like Oz, the Mom behind the curtain, or camera in my case and thought it might be nice to introduce myself to my new friends. I found these ten questions from Jen over at The Lucky Lifestyle and thought it would be a great way to tell you a little bit more about me! I would love to learn more about you too, if you don’t mind, pick one of the questions and answer it in my comments. Connecting with other Mom’s near and far is one of my main goals for starting this blog, so please, don’t be shy, I would love to get to know you better!
2019: Who else ends up like this on the couch!? Meanwhile your hubby is relaxing untouched!?
Happy Monday friends, may your coffee be stronger then your toddler 😉
1. Where do you call home? I grew up in a small town in central Illinois where our claim to fame was being the pumpkin capital of the world #humblebrag. After college, I fufilled a life long dream and moved to Chicago, I lived in the city for six years, or was it seven!? So much of my life happened in the city, I got engaged, married and gave birth to my first little lady, so Chicago will always have the most special place in my heart. After reverse commuting for a year with our oldest, my husband and I quickly realized that a move to the suburbs needed to be in the near future! So, currently, we live in the Northern suburbs of Chicago and hit the lottery when it came to our neighborhood. We have made the best friends, love our town and honestly, can’t imagine every moving!
2013: Pregnant with Avery, also I love “lol”ing at photos where I THOUGHT I was tired…
2. What jobs have you held, and what do you do now? Before becoming a stay at home Mom almost two years ago, I was a teacher. I started my teaching career in the south side of Chicago, teaching both 5th and 6th grade, as well as serving as a Reading Specialist. After I had my second little lady, I scored a dream job closer to our new home and was an Instructional Coach, working with teachers in the area of Literacy. I had the BEST team, the BEST boss and it was the hardest decision ever to leave. There are many things I miss about teaching, but not rushing out of the house every morning and having the opportunity to be home with my little ladies is something I will never take for granted.
3. What is a secret (or not so secret) talent you have? Deep down, I really wish I could say I’m an amazing singer and should really try out for the voice, but based on my recent performance of the Moana soundtrack in my kitchen, I don’t think anyone will be turning their chair for me anytime soon. I would say a hidden talent is my ability to simplify and organize. Our home is modest in size, but I am able to utilize every single square inch and feel like I have a knack for organizing hacks, especially on a budget!
2018: Everyday life as a stay at home Mom
4. What accomplishment are you most proud of from the past year? I think I’m most proud of how I was able to transition from working full-time Mom to full-time stay at home Mom, especially with the arrival of my littlest lady. Being a stay at home Mom is the HARDEST job EVER! But, I really try my best to be humble, ask for help and learn from other Mom’s, it’s true what they say, “it takes a village!”
5. What is one concert or show you’d love to see? I have been to my fair share of concerts, but I have never been to a rock n’roll kind of show, my husband introduces me to the best music and I’ve always been jealous of the time he saw Muse in concert, so kind of random, but I think I would pick Muse! Scott, I bet you like that answer!
2014: All dressed up at a great friends wedding
6. What type of person attracts you (not romantically, just generally)? This is such a great question, I find myself most attracted to confident, yet humble people. I envy people you are comfortable in their own skin, but have a humble way of showing it. I also value genuine people and always love a great sense of humor!
7. What is something you can’t stop daydreaming about? SUNSHINE and travel! I would love to travel anywhere and everywhere with my family. We have a big Disney trip coming up in May and I can’t wait. I would love to take a trip with just Scott in the coming year too, any suggestions!?
2019: Mommy’s Shadow
8. If you could eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? My FAVORITE meal is always breakfast, I could eat a breakfast skillet all day everyday!
9. Favorite place to go on vacation? I feel pretty lucky to have gone to a lot of warm weather destinations, but my favorite place to go on vacation is a Michigan/Wisconsin lake house. My family and I went to our family lake house every summer and while it was always a week full of relaxation, it was also the tradition behind it that I loved. There is something so special about disconnecting, living in your swimsuit and eating chips for breakfast 😉
2012: Married on the beach at Marco Island, FL
10. What’s something that is calming to you? I love the end of the day, when my home is picked up, dishwasher running, diffuser going, cuddled up on the couch with a cup of tea and a good show on TV. Our home brings a lot of comfort to my life and that “ahhhh” feeling when I finally get to sit and relax on our couch is always something I look forward to.
So friends, there you have it, ten things you may or may not have known about me. Like I mentioned earlier, pick a question to answer in my comments, I would love to get to know more about YOU too! If you would like to see more of our daily adventures, make sure you are following us on Instagram: @snyderfamilyco.