Here is a picture of the inside of the diaper bag, this is a photo I just took, my diaper bag is over a year old, I use it every single day and the inside still looks perfect! There are a ton of pockets, as well as an inner/outer zipper pocket and the diaper bag also comes with a matching changing pad.
This is what the inside looks like with everything inside, as you can see, I have room to spare. I try not to over stuff my bag because I also want it to be as light weight as possible.
I always like to carry hand sanitizer, lip balm, loose powder, oil sheets and a hair tie with me at all times, this is also where I keep my gum and snack for myself, because nothing is worse then running errands when you’re hangry.
* Tip: Freshly Picked also offers a clutch, which is great for storing personal items that you would want to take out and put in a purse if you were going somewhere without a diaper bag. Storing these items in a clutch like this is great because you don’t have to pack and un-pack every time you switch your bag and if you’re like me, I would probably end up forgetting something if I didn’t keep everything together, #mombrain.
Next up, the most important component… diapers, wipes and a pull-up for my middle daughter who is 99% potty trained. I use to keep a weeks worth of diapers in my diaper bag, which made it super bulky! If I know I’m only going to be gone for a short time, I carry around fewer diapers, if it’s a longer day trip, I obviously pack extra.
* Tip: When it comes to packing extra clothes, opt for a one piece sleeper, that way you don’t have to fold multiple pieces of clothing, again making the diaper bag bulkier. I also pack a pair of extra leggings for my middle daughter, she is just starting to wear undies when we are out in public, so this is a must if you are currently potty training.
* Extra Tip: Stuff a plastic grocery bag in the bottom of your diaper bag with the extra clothes and use it when you need to store dirty clothes!
Another critical part of the diaper bag #snacks and I really hope all the Mama’s are shaking their heads saying “yes!” right now! You can’t forget to keep snacks stocked up in your diaper bag, I like to keep goldfish, granola bars and apple sauce pouches for my older girls and always keep a bib along with a pouch/Puffs in the bag for my youngest. If I know we will be gone for an extended period of time, I’ll also throw in a bottle (we use Dr. Brown bottles), which fits perfect in the inside side pocket or the large outside side pockets too. My older girls’ water bottles fit just right in the side pockets and instead of carrying an additional water for myself, I just sneak drinks from theirs and keep my large water bottle in the car! Anything to keep my bag light weight, did I mention that already!?
* Tip: Keep an emergency stash of “treats” for emergency situations, such as, a long line at the grocery store, a long wait at the doctor’s office, or just a case of the Monday’s 😉 My girls love “gummies” (fruit snacks), suckers and Smarties, all of these items are small, easy to carry around and won’t melt!
My middle daughter has some food allergies, so I have to carry around her prescription and Benadryl with me at all times! I use this little pouch as a “First Aid” kit and usually have Band-Aids and occasionally will carry Tylenol/Motrin if needed.
I always keep a few small toys in my diaper bag to keep the girls occupied during a long wait, long line, or just to help power through a morning of errands! Isla loves the Indestructible books and is majorly teething right now, so I always have a teether on hand.
* Tip: My older girls love coloring in small notebooks or drawing on the mini magnetic drawing board, I found most of those items in the Target dollar section and have a small stock pile at home, ready to restock when needed! I have also carried around a small container of play dough with a small cookie cutter for the girls to play with if we are going to be out at a restaurant.
Thanks for taking a peek inside my diaper bag! I try to keep things minimal, it makes it easier to keep my diaper bag organized, allows me to find the things I NEED quickly and keeps my bag light weight.
* Tip: If we are taking a long day trip, for example, going to the zoo, I pack an extra insulated bag with all of our food, water bottles, etc., I won’t be needing those items consistently throughout the day, so I try to keep that separate and usually store it on the bottom of my stroller.
* Extra Tip: Always pack your diaper bag the night before a big adventure! More then likely, things can get a little chaotic in the morning and every time I try to pack my bag right before we go somewhere, I end up forgetting something. This tip comes in extra handy once you have more then one little one coming along with you on your adventures!
Mamas, please share any of your must have diaper bag items in my comments, I would love to hear how you keep things simple in your bag too!